Project donor: CDC through NEP+
The project aim toempower patients to manage their chronic health condition through:
- Counseling, encouraging, motivating & building their skills to take responsibility
- Promoting/helping healthy lifestyles
- Involving patients in decision-making and problem-solving
- Collaborative goals setting, and care plan development
- Proactively following up of their action plan.
With this project the organization recruit 217 Adherence Case Managers and Adherence Supporters at 63 health facilities level.
13.2.1 Main activities of the project are:
- Partner and family based Index case testing
- Support identification/ enlisting of index cases through clients who pass through case management program and follow up clients who may decline to receive care and treatment services.
- Work with health facilities HIV testing services clinic to receive all clients tested positive and prepare follow up plan for those clients not initiated ART.
- Identify defaulters from care and treatment services and register and record the task done
- Identify clients who missed their appointment immediately after one day using appointment calendar and support clients who misses their appointment.
- Identify lost and drop ART clients from health facility care and treatment services using appointment calendar/ or facility data base.
- Provide awareness to clients on the right based viral load testing services access and claiming the result of the same from the health facilities.
- Work in collaboration with the health workers on routine viral load monitoring.
- Provide continuous adherence support to clients with mental health problem to follow up their treatment and adherence to the treatment in collaboration with their family members and map community based mental health support stakeholders and other supporting entities and link clients with these bodies.